By Chef Vijitha at Al Nakhla Residential Resort, Riyadh
GLUTEN FREE*, HIGH PROTEIN & LOW FAT
This quick and easy, chocolate truffle recipe is a favorite of Chef Vijitha and is made with avocado and absolutely zero butter! It is an ideal power snack before a workout or a healthy munch for those mid-day cravings ladies!
Another key player here is the chocolate protein powder, the addition of almond extract and coconut flakes which makes for a healthy version of a delicious dessert. All ingredients for this recipe are easily found at Danube Supermarket adjoining Al Nakhla Residential Resort.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 2 hours
Total Time 2 hours 10 minutes
- 2/3 Cup Avocado mashed. (About 1 large)
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp Chocolate Casein protein powder of choice OR sub unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Almond extract omit if you just want straight up chocolate
- 2/3 Cup Milk chocolate chips (or dairy free*)
- 1/2 Cup Sweetened coconut flakes
- Blend the avocado in a food processor until it is very smooth.
- Add in the protein powder, vanilla extract and almond extract and blend until well combined.
- In a medium, microwave safe bowl microwave the chocolate chips for about 1 1/2 minutes, stirring every 20 seconds, until the chips are melted.
- Add the avocado mixture into the bowl of melted chocolate and stir very well until the chocolate is mixed well.
- Cover the bowl with saran wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Line a cookie sheet with waxed paper, and place the sweetened coconut flakes in shallow plate.
- Using a small cookie scoop, scoop the mixture and roll around in your hands to create even balls.
- Roll each ball around in the coconut flakes and place on the prepared cookie sheet.
- Keep in the refrigerator until ready to serve.